MBD Creations was founded by Meghna Bag Dass in 2017.
Meghna has always been fascinated with idea of "design per se". With masters in Sociology and jewelry designing, she has mastered the art of blending human perspective in her design. Being Ingenious and meticulous designer, her unprecedented thoughts have shaped her in setting up a design studio “MBD creations”.
Jewellery designing is in Meghna Bag Dass’ genes. Born and raised in a family of fine jewellery makers, she had inherited an acumen for innovative concepts and product development early on in life. “I have always noticed the desire of my family to provide unique products to the customers, and witnessed their satisfaction on fulfilment of the customer’s desired product. Continuing this journey forward, I translated my passion into my profession,” states Meghna. And here was a catch. Belonging to a very prudent business family, Meghna was taught to strictly fulfil orders as per the customer’s desire and not think much about adding her own elements in the creation process. But she still yearned to incorporate her creative inputs when designing bespoke pieces.
In order to further hone her skills and channel her artistic thinking professionally, she did a Diploma in Jewellery Designing and Manufacturing from one of the premier design schools, Jasani Department of Design and Manufacturing, SNDT University, Mumbai. “Post my graduation project, I was awarded the title of Best Designer 2007 and Best Student Achievement Award 2009 from SNDT Women’s University.
I also interned at Swarovski HQ, Paris, and learned international standards of research and development. This has helped me in forecasting future trends and incorporating them in my work,” she notes.
Having worked as a professional for close to a decade, and on mastering the field of designing, product development branding and retail merchandising with renowned jewellery companies like B.N. Jewelers, Sheetal Group, Laxmi Diamonds and Kiran Jewels, she finally took the plunge to go solo and established her own brand MBD Creations – Designer Jewellery in 2017. She continues to be a consultant for Kiran Jewels, K. Girdharilal Jewellers and a few others on demand basis. Meghna also worked on a few international projects, including Swarovski Spring-Summer India Collection 2017. And this bundle of energy doesn’t miss an opportunity to pass on the knowledge of designing she has learned, so she is also often invited by colleges & institutes for giving lectures on Design Development & product Development like J.D. Institute of Fashion Technology (Bangalore), Design schools in Mumbai.
Her gold and diamond creations are generally accented with rubies and emeralds – but these out-of-the-box concepts are not out of reach. “They are wearable, and the controlled price point is the key to their popularity,” says Meghna, who also dabbles in antique gold jewellery, and takes bespoke orders. Her jewellery starts from`30,000 onwards and she firmly believes that any ornament which one wears creates a positive aura for you, which provides energy to achieve your goals and maintain inner peace. “That’s the reason why I derive my inspiration from the science of yoga; chakras of the body, architecture, nature and so on,” states Meghna.
“Designing is an integral part of my life and drawing inspiration from various sources, I keep on building my inventory for various festive and celebratory occasions.”
With several Domestic & International awards to her credit, she was recently featured by the Women’s Jewellery Association India in the “WJA Jewellery Designers of India” elite coffee table book of 15 designers from all over India, the book launch was at IIJS Signature Exhibition 2019 with Nirupa Bhatt President of WJA, a dais full of dignitaries from the industry and the GJEPC trade body.
We at MBD Creations – Design studio are creating new-age design development services.
This has helped jewelers & manufacturers create many exclusive collections and present it well to their customers.
We help in collection development which is backed with deep research, current market trends & trend forecasting, which saves a lot of expenses on carrying huge team of designers & research team. Also every company needs variety in creativity to be presented and stay up to date with the market.
Our trusted team of designers & conceptualizer works hard on creating new concepts as per company’s briefs.
We have worked with over many manufacturers across Indian like Kiran Jewels, K.Girdharilal jewellers, Baanganga Diamonds and many more. We launched the first-ever Jewellery Conceptualizing Services in India.
We had also exhibited at IIJS SIGNATURE SHOW 2020 - STARTUP JEWELLERY ZONE & GJIIF Chennai Trade Show 2019. WE OFFER A VARIETY OF SUBSCRIPTION SOLUTIONS TO FIT YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS
Awards & Achievements
1. Won an Award for the ‘BEST DESIGNED COLLECTION’ at ‘INSPIRATIONS 2007’ S.N.D.T Jasani Department of Jewellery Designing and Manufacturing during final year Project and was again awarded the “BEST STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2009”.
2. Designed the Winning & Nominated Jewellery of ‘SOLITAIRE DESIGN AWARDS’ for ‘B.N JEWELLERS’ for the following consecutive year 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010.
3. Won “Special Mention Amateur Award” The 2008 JewelryInTheNet Jewelry Design Competition, which was an online jewellery design competition. (Received Certificate and also free basic online store for 1 year.)
4. Two Designs Nominated among the top 30 designs for the Passion deLuxe Category in the EnlightenedTM - Swarovski Elements Passion Topaz Jewellery Design Competition 2008/9. (Received Certificates & Winning designs published in the books of Swarovski.)
5. Nominated amongst Top 20 in All India Jewellery Design Competition “Jewels of Rajasthan 2009” Competition on Tanzanite Stones organized by Indian Institute of Gems &Jewellery Jaipur (IIGJ) in the Evening wear Jewellery Category.
6. Designed the Winner piece of ‘RETAIL JEWELLER DESIGN AWARDS 2010’ in Gold jewellery category for ‘B.N JEWELLERS’
7. Designed the Winner piece of ‘RETAIL JEWELLER DESIGN AWARDS 2011’ in Gold jewellery category for ‘KUNDAN JEWELLERS’
8. Designed the Winner piece of ‘SOLITAIRE DESIGN AWARDS 2011’ for ‘K.P.SANGHVI INTERNATIONAL PVT LTD’ in Formal wear category.
9. Winner of RBS SOLITAIRE DESIGN AWARDS 2012organized by GJEPC India under the designing category with the theme of COLOR SPLASH. (Won a trip to Europe)
10. Winner of THE ARTISANS JEWELLERY DESIGN AWARDS 2014 – GOLDEN GLORY category organized by GJEPC India with the theme of Celebrating 100 years of Indian Cinemas. (Won an internship at Swarovski Crystal: Paris)
11. Nominated amongst the top five finalist for the NJA Awards 2017 (National Jewellery Awards 2017) presented by GJF.
12. Featured by the Women’s Jewellery Association India in the “WJA Jewellery Designers of India” book of 15 designers from all over India, the book launch was at IIJS Signature Exhibition 2019 with Nirupa Bhatt President of WJA ,a dais full of dignitaries from the industry and the GJEPC trade body.